Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Cover Reveal for A Boy, A Mouse, and A Spider: The Story of E.B. White by Barbara Herkert & Lauren Castillo

Hello, Barbara Herkert! Happy Wednesday! Thank you for visiting Watch. Connect. Read. to finish my sentences and reveal the AMAZING cover for A Boy, A Mouse, and A Spider: The Story of E.B. White.

Barbara Herkert: Thanks for having me!


The first time I saw Caldecott Honor artist Lauren Castillo’s cover illustration for A Boy, A Mouse, and A Spider: The Story of E. B. White I was thrilled! For me, Lauren’s artwork brings the same warmth and tenderness to E.B. White’s story as Garth Williams brought to Charlotte’s Web.

Did you know E.B. White was afraid of everything when he was a small boy? Writing helped him ease his fears.

Illustration Credit: Lauren Castillo 
I think Charlotte’s Web was the finest children’s book ever written! I love E.B. White’s lists, his use of all the senses, and his delicious language. It is a celebration of the world, of nature in all its glory. Thank you, E.B. White.

School libraries are are safe havens where children can discover their passions, forget their fears. We need them now more than ever.

Illustration Credit: Lauren Castillo 

Picture books are art forms! They are opportunities for cuddle time, to share dreams and passions.

Mr. Schu, you should have asked me how it felt to walk in E.B. White’s world for a while. More wonderful than I ever could have imagined. What an amazing man.


No comments:

Post a Comment